VIN#: 1Z37L6S431281 (verify)
|07/17/2012 – 07/18/2012
||Removed power steering pump, alternator, water pump, radiator and thermostat.
|07/21/2012 – 07/22/2012
||Installed Power steering pump, alternator, water pump, aluminum radiator and 192F thermostat.
Removed radio antenna.
||Installed radiator and power steering hoses.
Lower radiator hose clearance is 1/8″, also rests on the frame Xmember.
Checked all mounts and added distilled water to the cooling system for testing.
Replaced leaking gasket at thermostat.
|08/04/2012 – 08/05/2012
||Removed old bumper cover and hardware.
Test fit new bumper cover.
||Permanently attached new rear bumper cover.
OBX headers and sidepipes arrived.
||Removed front bumper cover mount.
Cleaned and inspected mounting surface.
||Removed passenger aluminum kick panel (driver’s side already missing).
Measured clearance for new hood.
||Ordered Sweet Thunder DL250 inserts. Talked to Mike.
||1-2 Weeks before Vette goes to the body shop for left fender.
||Re-installed fan shroud and hood.
||Received Energy Suspensions motor and tranmission mounts.
||Dropped off at Bondurant Auto Body.
||Back from BAB with the new fender installed.
Driver’s side headlight assembly was removed at the shop, I removed the passenger side.
||Lower valence installed. This will need to be loosened to line up the new bumper.
||Removed forming tabs and trimmed new bumper cover.
||Mounted license plate holder to bumper cover.
Epoxied bumper cover mounting studs to cover.
Prepared mounting surfaces for seamless work.
Prepped and painted grill mounts.
Made the decision to go with Stinger style hood.
||Started installing the stainless steel radiator hoses, need adapters 1.5 to 1.75 inch ID.
||Ordered lower radiator hose adapters.
Installed upper radiator hose.
||Installed lower radiator hose.
Burped cooling system.
||Started bumper removal process.
||Finished removal of the reinforcement assembly and honey comb.
Loose fit top of new bumper to body with stainless steel clips.
||Ordered replacement hood from Stinger Fiberglass.
||Fitted and epoxied front bumper and top of rear bumper.
||Started sanding epoxy.
|10/19/2012 – 10/21/2012
||Aligned and test mounted new hood.
||Cut core support and built new support crossmember.
Aligned and mounted hood.
Latch Springs still need installed.
||Built new radiator brackets.
||Installed new radiator core support brackets.
||Removed exhaust from headers back.
Found a couple items that need to be corrected before header installation;
1. Need to replace main battery ground.
2. Spark plugs and wires need replacing.
3. Sending units.
||Installed new engine mounts.
|11/09/2012 – 11/11/2012
||Installed new transmission mount.
Started install of exhaust headers, clearance issues.
Passenger front primary hits frame at bend, had to clearance driver rear primary for bracket, more clearance needed for steering gear on front main.
||Clearanced driver’s side header.
Installed both headers and tightened all mounts.
Found leaks at passenger side joint.
Running rough after header install, idling about 500rpm.
Tightened clamp bolts on sidepipes.
Cleaned up header wrap ties.
Fixed hood level and latch issues.
Checked #1 cylinder plug. Carbon build up but otherwise fine.
||Low idle after installing headers and sidepipes last year.
Adjusted idle 3/4 turn to idle at 800rpm
Will back off 1/4 turn in the future to back idle down to 700-750rpm.
||Installed FIA Headlights and side markers.
Test fit early 70s(?) T-Tops purchased used.
||At Bondurant Auto Body for final body work.
||Back from BAB.
Todd suggested I order a “Front End Support Rod” to help with leveling the hood.
|05/11/2013 – 05/12/2013
||Found kink in reverse lock cable.
Installed heat/sound shielding in cabin.
||Finished carpet and seat install.
|05/27/2013 – 05/28/2013
||Dash in horrible shape, removed entire assembly.
Found abandoned mouse condominium, removed all ducting and heater core to clean.
||Purchased upper dash, driver, passenger, map bag, DIN center cluster and door panels.
||Installed shift console, center console, gauges and stereo.
||upper dash, driver, passenger, map bag arrived.
||Installed speakers and vent in new dash pad.
Assembled and tested tachometer.
||Removed steering column.
||Finished dash install.
|06/18/2013 – 06/19/2013
||Dismantled steering column for paint.
||Painted steering column and had wheel dyed.
|06/27/2013 – 06/28/2013
||Installed steering column.
||Installed L88 FIA style headlights and covers.
||Installed T-bar reveal.
||Adjust idle for ~800rpm at operating temperature.
||Installed T-bar trim.
Dyed rear view mirror trim.
Painted rear view mirror and map light switch.
|07/27/2013 – 07/28/2013
||Finished interior installation, all that remains are door panels.
Built flat FIA light covers.
||Mounted fire extinguishers.
Repaired side pipe exhaust.
||Finished installing ’72 style rear bumper.
||Installed new push rods, adjusted lash.
Removed Heater/Air Conditioner fan assembly.
||New sparkplugs and wires.
||Initial Featherfill completed at Bondurant Autobody.