’76 C3


c3
Service Log
How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

06/19/2012 Purchased.
VIN#: 1Z37L6S431281 (verify)
07/17/2012 – 07/18/2012 Removed power steering pump, alternator, water pump, radiator and thermostat.
07/21/2012 – 07/22/2012 Installed Power steering pump, alternator, water pump, aluminum radiator and 192F thermostat.
Removed radio antenna.
07/26/2012 Installed radiator and power steering hoses.
Lower radiator hose clearance is 1/8″, also rests on the frame Xmember.
Checked all mounts and added distilled water to the cooling system for testing.
07/28/2012 Test run.
Replaced leaking gasket at thermostat.
08/04/2012 – 08/05/2012 Removed old bumper cover and hardware.
Test fit new bumper cover.
08/09/2012 Permanently attached new rear bumper cover.
OBX headers and sidepipes arrived.
08/10/2012 Removed front bumper cover mount.
Cleaned and inspected mounting surface.
08/11/2012 Removed passenger aluminum kick panel (driver’s side already missing).
Measured clearance for new hood.
08/14/2012 Ordered Sweet Thunder DL250 inserts. Talked to Mike.
08/15/2012 1-2 Weeks before Vette goes to the body shop for left fender.
08/17/2012 Re-installed fan shroud and hood.
08/28/2012 Received Energy Suspensions motor and tranmission mounts.
09/05/2012 Dropped off at Bondurant Auto Body.
09/18/2012 Back from BAB with the new fender installed.
Driver’s side headlight assembly was removed at the shop, I removed the passenger side.
09/19/2012 Lower valence installed. This will need to be loosened to line up the new bumper.
09/23/2012 Removed forming tabs and trimmed new bumper cover.
10/02/2012 Mounted license plate holder to bumper cover.
Epoxied bumper cover mounting studs to cover.
Prepared mounting surfaces for seamless work.
Prepped and painted grill mounts.
Made the decision to go with Stinger style hood.
10/03/2012 Started installing the stainless steel radiator hoses, need adapters 1.5 to 1.75 inch ID.
10/04/2012 Ordered lower radiator hose adapters.
Installed upper radiator hose.
10/05/2012 Installed lower radiator hose.
Burped cooling system.
10/09/2012 Started bumper removal process.
10/10/2012 Finished removal of the reinforcement assembly and honey comb.
Loose fit top of new bumper to body with stainless steel clips.
10/12/2012 Ordered replacement hood from Stinger Fiberglass.
10/14/2012 Fitted and epoxied front bumper and top of rear bumper.
10/15/2012 Started sanding epoxy.
10/17/2012 Removed hood.
10/19/2012 – 10/21/2012 Aligned and test mounted new hood.
10/23/2012 Cut core support and built new support crossmember.
Aligned and mounted hood.
Latch Springs still need installed.
10/27/2012 Built new radiator brackets.
10/30/2012 Installed new radiator core support brackets.
11/04/2012 Removed exhaust from headers back.
Found a couple items that need to be corrected before header installation;
1. Need to replace main battery ground.
2. Spark plugs and wires need replacing.
3. Sending units.
11/08/2012 Installed new engine mounts.
11/09/2012 – 11/11/2012 Installed new transmission mount.
Started install of exhaust headers, clearance issues.
Passenger front primary hits frame at bend, had to clearance driver rear primary for bracket, more clearance needed for steering gear on front main.
11/20/2012 Clearanced driver’s side header.
Installed both headers and tightened all mounts.
Re-installed Alternator.
11/24/2012 Test run.
Found leaks at passenger side joint.
Running rough after header install, idling about 500rpm.
12/02/2012 Test run.
Tightened clamp bolts on sidepipes.
Cleaned up header wrap ties.
Fixed hood level and latch issues.
Checked #1 cylinder plug. Carbon build up but otherwise fine.
04/13/2013 Low idle after installing headers and sidepipes last year.
Adjusted idle 3/4 turn to idle at 800rpm
Will back off 1/4 turn in the future to back idle down to 700-750rpm.
Running rich.
04/18/2013 Installed FIA Headlights and side markers.
Test fit early 70s(?) T-Tops purchased used.
05/01/2013 At Bondurant Auto Body for final body work.
05/09/2013 Back from BAB.
Todd suggested I order a “Front End Support Rod” to help with leveling the hood.
05/11/2013 – 05/12/2013 Found kink in reverse lock cable.
Installed heat/sound shielding in cabin.
05/19/2013 Finished carpet and seat install.
05/27/2013 – 05/28/2013 Dash in horrible shape, removed entire assembly.
Found abandoned mouse condominium, removed all ducting and heater core to clean.
Re-installed ducting.
05/29/2013 Purchased upper dash, driver, passenger, map bag, DIN center cluster and door panels.
06/08/2013 Installed shift console, center console, gauges and stereo.
06/11/2013 upper dash, driver, passenger, map bag arrived.
06/12/2013 Installed speakers and vent in new dash pad.
Re-assembled speedometer.
Assembled and tested tachometer.
06/16/2013 Removed steering column.
06/17/2013 Finished dash install.
06/18/2013 – 06/19/2013 Dismantled steering column for paint.
06/22/2013 Painted steering column and had wheel dyed.
06/27/2013 – 06/28/2013 Installed steering column.
07/21/2013 Installed L88 FIA style headlights and covers.
07/23/2013 Installed T-bar reveal.
07/24/2013 Adjust idle for ~800rpm at operating temperature.
07/25/2013 Installed T-bar trim.
Dyed rear view mirror trim.
Painted rear view mirror and map light switch.
07/27/2013 – 07/28/2013 Finished interior installation, all that remains are door panels.
Built flat FIA light covers.
08/04/2013 Mounted fire extinguishers.
Repaired side pipe exhaust.
08/15/2013 Finished installing ’72 style rear bumper.
06/12/2014 Installed new push rods, adjusted lash.
Removed Heater/Air Conditioner fan assembly.
06/21/2014 New sparkplugs and wires.
08/06/2014 Initial Featherfill completed at Bondurant Autobody.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Unable to load the Are You a Human PlayThru™. Please contact the site owner to report the problem.